The Peculiar Pot
The Peculiar Pot is a story trail that weaves elements of Thame’s history into a magical and intriguing tale of adventure set in three locations, in three very different times that are connected to Thame’s heritage & history as well as to its future.
Find out more about the Public Art Project this story trail was created through by clicking this link
How to enjoy the trail:
- Find each way marker – there are 5 in total.
- Look for the small round disc (usually on the back of the way markers) that contain a QR code. Scan this to open a webpage.
- Listen to the audio file on the webpage about that specific way marker
- Read about the imagery and words you see in front of you and find out more about each element what it represents – in the story, in Thame’s history and heritage, or for the future of our town.
- Walking with Children? Why not see if they can answer the challenge questions on the web page about each way marker – just for fun!
- Follow instructions at the bottom of each webpage – to find the next way marker.
The first way marker is on Thame Meadows estate. To find it, from the town centre, walk along the High Street towards Oxford, turning the corner to continue into Oxford Road. Keep walking up the hill until Lord Williams’s Upper School is on your left. Cross the road into Roman Way, and at the bottom of the road you will find the play park. The first way marker is located here OX9 2FS.