About the Thame Town Awards
There are people all around Thame who help their neighbours, support local groups or go out of their way for others in their community. That is why in 2009, Thame Town Council launched Thame Town Awards as a way to recognise, thank and celebrate those special people who are working hard to make our community a safer, more vibrant and happier place to live.
Since the Town Awards launched, we have awarded 79 local individuals, organisations and businesses with a Town Award to acknowledge their contribution to the town.
How it works
Each year the Town Council invites members of the public to nominate someone in our community who they think deserves some recognition. Anyone can make a nomination, as long as the person or organisation being nominated lives, works or studies in Thame.
There are six categories in which you can make a nomination:
- Creative Arts Contribution – Someone of any age who excels in the Creative Arts and/or has contributed to the creativity of our town.
- Company of the Year – A local company that has gone the extra mile for the wider community e.g., supporting community initiatives, offering opportunities, and practicing sustainability. (Companies and their employees can nominate themselves for this award)
- Service with a Smile – A business or individual that consistently provides a faultless and friendly service.
- Sporting Contribution – Someone of any age who has shown great dedication to a sport and/or contributed to local sports / fitness for the benefit of the community.
- Volunteer of the Year – An individual or group who selflessly gives their time to help others in our community.