Over 50 things to do in and around Thame
1. Take in a show at The Player’s Theatre
2. Attend Thame Arts & Literature Festival
3. Visit home studios & galleries to see works by local artists based in and around Thame as part of Oxfordshire Arts Week
4. Explore the arts scene in Thame by taking place in our Art Crawl
5. Attend a comedy night at The Cross Keys
6. Watch a film with Thame Cinema
10. Attend a talk at Thame Museum, covering topics such as history, the environment and culture.
11. Visit Thame Museum to learn more about our town’s heritage.
12. Follow one of our Historic Town Trails for walks of 1-2 hours around the centre of this historic market town.
13. Discover the famous people who have been part of Thame’s history, following the Commemorative Plaques Trail [PDF].
14. Visit Rycote Chapel, an historic fifteenth-century Chapel with exquisitely carved and painted woodwork and many intriguing features.
16. Follow one of our walking & cycling trails to take in some of the beautiful surrounding countryside.
17. Take part in the Chiltern Hills Walking Festival in the Autumn, or visit this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty any other time of year.
18. Visit Waterperry Gardens home to 8 acres of beautifully landscaped ornamental gardens, tea room and garden centre.
19. Explore Thame’s ‘Great British High Street’ with it’s wealth of unique, independent shops
20. Make sure you don’t miss one of Thame’s markets – regularly on Tuesdays as well as throughout the year
21. Come to one of the regular craft fairs held in the town throughout the year
22. Buy a souvenir of Thame from the Information Centre
23. Catch the bus into Oxford for all your favourite high street shops
24. Take a guided Walking tour around Thame, exploring the filming locations in the town centre
25. Pick up a Midsomer Murders leaflet [PDF] to explore further in your own time
26. Take a selfie with the Causton Town Hall Plaque (available from the Information Centre from Monday – Friday)
27. Explore further afield with a Midsomer Murders self-driving tour (leaflets available from the Information Centre)
28. Buy a Midsomer Murders souvenir from the Information Centre.
Food & Drink
29. For one day only, discover independent, local and diverse food and drink at Taste of Thame. Attend behind the scenes workshops and watch live demonstrations, and enjoy a street food market, banquet dining, competitions and raffle all in the Town Centre.
30. Visit Thame Food Festival in September
31. Enjoy a cup of tea and a slice of cake in one of the many tea rooms and cafes
32. Explore Thame’s delicious independent food shops and delis
33. Watch chocolate being made at Rumseys Chocolatier
34. Quench your thirst at one of our award winning pubs
35. ‘Scream if you want to go faster’ at our September & October fairs
36. Have a picnic in one of our parks & play areas
37. Enjoy family fun at Thame Museum, including treasure trails and school holiday activities
38. Visit Chinnor & Princes Risborough Railway
39. Spot the fish in our Memorial Garden ponds
Children & Young People
40. Play to your hearts content at Whizz Kids
41. Attend one of the many children’s activities that run each week around the town – check out the ‘Groups’ section on Little Ankle Biters website for more information
42. Find a set of wheels to try out the Skate Park
43. Get involved with one of the many activity & hobby groups listed in our Community Directory
44. Watch a film at the Children’s Cinema
45. ‘Pay and play’ a game of tennis at Thame Tennis Club
46. Have a swim at Thame Leisure Centre
47. Cycle or walk the Phoenix Trail and enjoy the local countryside
48. Watch a game of cricket on the Church green
49. Enjoy a drink at The James Figg, named after the Thame-born prize-fighter and boxing champion who used this inn as his headquarters
50. Visit Thame’s thriving weekly Charter Market on Tuesdays.
51. Don’t miss our monthly Local Produce Market, showcasing local farmers and producers selling all they have grown or made.
52. Come to our World Village (April) or French (October) markets held around the Town Hall.
53. Attend Thame Farmers Auction Market to see one of the busiest auction markets around live in action.
54. Come and join in the parade at Thame’s annual Carnival in June
55. Get festive at Thame’s Christmas Light Switch On and gift market
57. Don’t miss out on anything else by checking out our events calendar for a full listing of what is on in and around Thame when you are here.