Support for your Business
Whether you are a newly established start-up, or a long established business, this page provides a complete listing of all newsletters, networks and support services that may be of use to you and your business.
Market Town Coordinator
Thame Town Council employs a Market Town Coordinator. The role works in partnership with the private sector and relevant community groups, in order to maintain and improve the vitality of Thame Town Centre, developing and coordinating initiatives that work towards this aim.
The Market Town Coordinator is Becky Reid who can be contacted on email@example.com at any time with suggestions, or for support.
If you are a small business looking for office space, or someone primarily based at home looking for a co-working space, then Thame has options available. These are listed here. If you have additional listings to add then contact our Market Town Coordinator on the details above.
- OX9 Thame: Upper High Street, OX9 provides 13 fully serviced office suites, together with a co-working space (The Hub) and high-specification meeting room (The Cellar).
- The Sanderum Centre: Upper High Street, The Sanderum Centre provides Serviced Offices, Virtual Offices, a Virtual PA service and Meeting Room space.
- Thame Business Hub: High Street, located in the heart of Thame Town Centre Thame Business Hub offers desk rental & meeting room space as & when you need it.
- The Yard: Station Yard. This coworking space offers sit-stand desks with ergonomic chairs, a private meeting room, relaxing break-out space, all with super-fast internet, free tea & coffee, and free parking.
SO Business is a one-stop shop for business information in South Oxfordshire, providing businesses across the district with support, advice and up to date business information. Services they provide includes:
- acting as a point of contact for new and existing businesses needing impartial advice
- supporting businesses through the planning process
- signposting to relevant advice on funding and grants
- advising on relevant contacts for permissions and licences
- helping to find premises for new and existing businesses
- disseminating the latest business news and information
- holding networking events and an annual business breakfast
It is worth signing up to their newsletter.
Oxfordshire Business Support (OBS) is the Growth Hub for Oxfordshire provided through the Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership (OxLEP). They help businesses to navigate around the complicated and often confusing business support landscape, and find the support they need to start up and grow. They do this by:
- Signposting to local and national business support services, schemes and events
- Provide specialist advice and guidance through our team of Network Navigators
- Running an extensive programme of events and workshops on a variety of topics
Their services are completely free for businesses and start-ups in Oxfordshire.
Oxfordshire Business Enterprises helps businesses through the early stages of planning and starting a business by providing the opportunity to meet face to face with experienced business owners, directors and professionals who can advise you on all aspects of starting a new business. Support includes:
- Cutting through the jargon to take away some of the fears you may have;
- Acting as a sounding board for business plans;
- Directing you to experts to help with specific issues you may have, perhaps marketing, finance, ecommerce, legal or property;
- Helping with some of the formalities of starting a business – taxation, VAT, registering a company, self-employment.
Advice is free, independent, confidential and impartial and the service is available to anyone in Oxfordshire who is either planning a new business or is in the first two years of trading.
Running your own business is an emotional rollercoaster which only people who have experienced it can understand Jennings Business Mentors off a FREE service for business owners, by business owners. Business owners who have shared the same journey you are currently on, give their time as volunteer mentors to act as a sounding board for you if you have an issue or decision that you would like to work through. They don’t tell you have to do, but rather aim to help you to work out your own solutions by listening, sharing their experiences – both good and bad – and trying to help you see things differently.
Funding for your business
Whenever we hear about funding opportunities for businesses they will be displayed here. You can also stay up to date by signing up to our Business Newsletter. LINK
- LEADER funding delivers European funding for rural development using a community-led approach Oxfordshire LEADER local priorities are to:
- Grow, sell and eat more local food.
- Create vibrant villages.
- Revive our rivers and canal.
- Unlock the potential of woodlands.
- The Prince’s Countryside Fund provides more than £1m in grants each year to projects across the UK. We have grants of up to £50,000 available for innovative projects that will provide a lasting legacy to the individuals and communities they seek to benefit
- Elevate Funding for the Elevate initiative comes from the European Regional Development Fund. Extra resources are provided by the UK government’s department of Business Energy, & Industry Strategy and Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership (OxLEP). If you are interested in gaining a slice of this crucial funding, there will be five more competitive rounds of applications up to summer 2019.