The Town Hall Information Centre is for visitors and locals alike. Our friendly and helpful team are on hand to provide you with the latest information about the town equipped with a wide collection of leaflets for you to take away with you to ensure your visit to Thame is an enjoyable one.
If you are a resident of Thame and have any questions or concerns relating to the council, your property or the community, please visit us and we will do our best to answer your query or will redirect you to the relevant service provider.
The Information Centre is to the place to go if you need local information about public transport*, local attractions and support services. You can also purchase clear recycling sacks (£2 for 10) and biodegradable food waste bags (£3 for 25) from the Information Centre too.
In addition to the information service we provide, the centre also has free Wi-Fi. We’re also a Box Office for Thame Players Theatre.
* please note that the bus companies are not currently printing any timetables.
Bus Passes and Blue Badges
Now that Oxfordshire libraries have reopened to the public, the process regarding applications for blue badges and bus passes has changed slightly as libraries are currently acting as validation points only, rather than taking full applications in person, and customers now need to book an appointment in advance.
- Residents need to start their application either online via Oxfordshire County Council’s website , or via the direct line to the Concessionary Fares Team where they will be assisted. For bus passes 0345 310 111 and blue badges 0345 050 7666
- Once the application has been started in this way, residents will need to book an appointment at a participating library to have their documents validated and photograph taken (as required). Please do not contact the library to start an application as they are currently unable to offer this level of assistance.
Mondays – 9am to 4:30pm
Tuesdays – 9am to 4:30pm
Wednesdays – 9am to 4:30pm
Thursdays – 10am to 4:30pm
Fridays – 9am to 4pm
Please note we are closed daily between 12:30pm-1:30pm, and on weekends / bank holidays.
Thame Town Hall, High Street, Thame, Oxfordshire, OX9 3DP
Email or Phone Us:
Call: 01844 212833
We have a selection of Thame and Midsomer Murders themed gifts for you to purchase as mementos of your visit to our town.
- Bookmarks – £1
- Coasters (pack of 4) – £8
- Fridge Magnets – £1.75
- Greetings Cards – £1.50
- Keyrings – £1.50
- Mugs – £5
- Notebooks – A6 (£2) and A5 (£3)
- Notecards (pack of 6) – £2.50, in aid of charity
- Pens – £1.25
- Postcards – 50p
- Rulers – £2.50
- Thame Tea Towel – £5.50
- Tote Bags – £4.50
- Midsomer Murders Tea Towel – £5.50
- Midsomer Murders Locations Book – £6
- Midsomer Murders Book (A Midsomer Day Out) – £8
We also stock cards and other products (such as Thame Calendars and Love Thame car stickers) in aid of charity at certain times during the year. Check our social media for posts about when these are available.
Useful Visiting Information
Public toilets are located at the Market House (next to Citizen’s Advice building) and at the Cattle Market – both on North Street – and open daily between 8am and 7:30pm. Disabled and baby-changing facilities are available at both of these locations. A disabled toilet is available in the Town Hall during opening hours. Access to all disabled toilets is via a RADAR key, which can purchased from the Information Centre (£5).
Defibrillators – in the event that you need to use a defibrillator, the emergency services will be able to advise you of your nearest one. You can also download the Save A Life app from South Central Ambulance Service to locate your nearest one. The defibrillators below were installed by Staying Alive Thame:
- Thame Barns Centre – Church Road
- Scout HQ – Southern Road
- Masonic Lodge – High Street
- Brothers – Buttermarket
- Sprinz & Nash – Wellington Street
- Racquets – Cattle Market
- Barley Hill School – Denbigh Road
- LWS Lower School – Towersey Road
- LWS Upper School – Sycamore Road
- Falcon Pub – Thame Park Road
- Towersey Village Hall – Chinnor Road, Towersey
Below are some useful resources relating to the demographic data of Thame: