Facilities for Hire
Thame Town Council has a wide variety of rooms and facilities available to hire to suit any community event or activity. These include:
- a small meeting room,
- The Upper Chamber, suitable for larger meetings or events,
- external Electricity points around the Town Hall,
- Football pitches & changing rooms,
- a number of open spaces around the town that are available for hire for community events, festivals, sporting events etc.
Thame Equipment Bank, a project delivered by 21st Century Thame, provides equipment for hire such as marquees, tables, chairs, PA systems, lights, gazebos, stage, etc.- everything needed to put on an event. Community groups, individuals and businesses are all able to access this service.
Other Rooms for Hire in Thame
Please note: venue availability and capacity may not be as advertised due to Covid-19. Please check with venue directly.
Click on the name of each venue to be taken to the relevant website (sorted alphabetically).
To add yours to this page, or to update information, please contact the Town Council at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upper High Street, Thame, OX9 2DN
- Various Rooms available, including meeting rooms, and a hall with a kitchen area.
New Barn, Kingsey Road, Thame, OX9 3JL
- Large marquee (up to 150 people) and sports ground for hire.
- Large floodlight generator, speakers, and microphones are all also available for hire for an additional cost.
- Fantastic countryside view.
- Ideal for corporate retreats, parties, weddings, and any other event.
- Free parking.
North Street, Thame, OX9 3TH
- Studio: 120 people
- Garden room: 80 people
- Includes Free Wi-Fi, bars, tables / chairs, separate creche for the kids. Rates for parties vary depending on type and food.
99 Southern Road, Thame, OX9 2DY
- Main activity room available for hire on weekday evenings (from 3:30pm) and weekends, for birthday parties and adult groups and meetings.
- All hiring packages include the use of kitchen facilities and toilets (inc. disabled). Party groups can use general play equipment as well!
Church Road, Thame, OX9 3AJ
- Quiet Room: this room has easy chairs and is suitable for up to 8 people
- Room 1: suitable for about 25 people
- Small Barn: up to 40 people
- Large Barn: up to 100 people. Note: a one off cover charge of £30 if you are having more than 51 people
- Free Wi-Fi access throughout.
109 High Street, Thame, OX9 3DZ
- Light, airy, sits up to 8 comfortable and has HD presentation facilities.
- Available for £10 per hour.
- Open from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
Church Meadow, Church Road, Thame, OX9 3AJ
- Room for meetings, functions and a wide range of activities.
- Available for one-off functions or regular meetings.
- Free parking; large outdoor area adjacent to the pavilion; kitchen, toilets, changing rooms and if required a fully licensed bar – available fully manned at a small additional cost.
Spring Path, Thame, OX9 2EP
Covid-19 booking capacity:
- Large Hall – 22 people seated or standing, 10 for mat / exercise classes. Cost to Hire is £20.50 per hour / Charity rate £14.50 per hour
- Small Hall – 13 people seated or standing, 6 for mat / exercise classes. Cost to Hire is £14.50 per hour / Charity rate £10.50 per hour
- Disabled access to the headquarters.
Oxford Road, Thame, OX9 2BB
- Small meeting room which comfortably caters for 12 people.
- Small hall that can easily hold 100 people.
- Coffee machine and vending machines for light snacks or hirers are welcome to organise their own catering. Self-catering options. Licenced to sell alcohol. Projector if booked in advance.
1a Saint Andrews Court, Wellington Street, Thame, OX9 3WT
- Function Room that can accommodate parties of any size up to 150 people
High Street, Thame, OX9 3DP
- Meeting Room: up to 10 people. Hire includes free WiFi, coffee-making facilities, whiteboard, flip-chart and projector.
- Upper Chamber: 80 seated or 120 standing. Included in the hire is the use of trestle tables, chairs, kitchen facility and free Wi-Fi.
Nelson Street, Thame, OX9 2DP
- The theatre is available to hire for business conferences, presentations, training events, film screenings and private shows. It is also a venue used by TV and film production companies and by voluntary and community groups.
- The theatre offers:
- Raked seating for 132
- Full stage and lighting facilities, with wide screen and back projection
- A foyer with a fully equipped bar
- Kitchen and coffee-making facilities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Disabled access and toilet facilities
Rectory Pavilion (Chinnor Rugby Club), Kingsey Road, Thame, OX9 3JL
- Can accommodate 1:1 interviews to up to 120 people.
- Free internet and wireless, AV equipment; fully licensed for music and dancing; kitchen facilities.