30 August 2022 – Agenda
SUMMONS TO ATTEND A MEETING OF THE POLICY & RESOURCES COMMITTEE
TO: All Members of the Policy & Resources Committee
Cllrs B Austin, D Bretherton, N Champken-Woods, D Dodds (Deputy Chairman), M Dyer (Chairman), H Fickling, A Gilbert, K Gregory, A Midwinter, H Richards
Ex Officio (Voting) Members – P Cowell (Town Mayor) and A Dite (Deputy Mayor)
To all other Members for information
VENUE: Upper Chamber, Thame Town Hall
DATE: Tuesday 30 August 2022
TIME: 6.30 pm (maximum two hours)
Clerk of the Council
Date: Tuesday 23 August 2022
1 Apologies for Absence
2 Declarations of Interest and Dispensations
To notify of any items that appear in the agenda in which there may be an interest that has not been recorded in the Member’s Register of Interest; and confirmation of any relevant dispensations.
3 Public Participation and Public Questions
To consider applications from members of the public to address the Committee (5 minutes maximum), in respect of any item of business included in the agenda. Applications to speak must have been received by the Town Clerk no later than 5pm on the last working day preceding the meeting.
To consider questions from members of the public (who live, work or run a business in the Parish). Written questions must have been received by the Town Clerk no later than 4pm on the last working day preceding the meeting.
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Committee Meetings held on 12 April 2022 and 10 May 2022.
5 Thame Museum
To agree to resubmit the planning and listed building applications related to the proposed extension of the Museum.
6 Financial Update
- Budget Summary: To monitor actual income and expenditure against estimates.
- Balance Sheet: To note balance sheet as at 30 June 2022.
To receive an update.
8 Investment Update
To note the summary of the investment performance.
9 Council Policies
To approve the following updated / review council policies:
- Document Retention and Disposal
- Freedom of Information
- Information and Data Protection
- Information Management Strategy
- Social Media and Media Relations
10 Memorial Policy
To adopt a Memorial Policy.
- To approve the updated Grant Award policy, to reflect that the Town Council will not support grant applications for projects / events which have completed.
- To note that the terms of the 2022-23 grant award to 594 (Thame) Squadron Royal Air Force Air Cadets have been amended to remove the stipulation that the first aid equipment is made available to other community groups. This was agreed in consultation with the Grants Awards panel via e-mail.
- To receive reports (written/presentation or annual accounts or report) from organisations that received over £2,000 in grant funding during 2021-22 and 2022-23.
12 Flag Flying
To note that the Flag Flying policy has been updated to include wind speed restrictions on flag flying.
To note the purchase of the Ukrainian and Pride flags.
13 War Memorial Names
To receive a verbal update.
14 Ceremonial Robes
To consider purchasing ceremonial robes for the Town Council.
15 Reports from Representatives on External Organisations
To receive reports from the nominated representatives on:
- Barns Centre (Cllrs Deacock and Dodds)
- Citizens Advice (Cllr Austin)
- Health Hub (including Community Hub Pilot) (Cllrs Champken-Woods and Richards)
- NALC (Cllr Dyer)
- Red Kite Family Centre (Cllr Emery)
- Thame Business Forum (Cllr Dyer)
- Thame Senior Friendship Centre (Cllr Midwinter)
- Thame & District Housing Association (Cllr Emery)
- Thame Youth Memorial Trust (Cllr Dyer)
- Thame Youth Projects Group (Cllr Bretherton)
- 21st Century Thame (Cllr Fickling)
- Welfare Trust (Cllr Champken-Woods)
16 Town Hall Information Centre Opening Hours
To note that the Thame Information Centre will now re-open during lunchtimes. As from Monday 19 September 2022, the Information Centre opening hours will be:
- Monday – Wednesday, 9am to 4:30pm
- Thursday – 10am to 4:30pm
- Friday – 9am to 4pm
17 Civil Parking Enforcement
To note that the Town Council will continue to issue trade permits via a scratch-card scheme.
18 Barns Centre Lease
To note that the Town Clerk is beginning the review of the Barns Centre lease, due in 2023, in discussion with the Barns Centre Trustees.
19 Upper Chamber Chairs
To note that Officers will be revisiting this in the coming months in line with the Council’s procurement policy with a view to have the replacement chairs purchased by the end of the year. There are reserved funds in place for this.
To note that the Maintenance Team will undergo IPAF (International Powered Access Federation) training to ensure compliance with LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations).
To note that relevant Officers have completed training by South Oxfordshire District Council on the new county wide Code of Conduct. Training for Councillors on 15th and 28th September 2022 has been circulated.
21 Staffing Update
To note that five candidates were interviewed for the position of Communications & Events Officer, with the successful candidate Ben Bennett commencing employment on Monday 4 July 2022.
To note the Town Council provided work experience for two students from Lord Williams’s School for the week commencing 4 July 2022.
22 Free Use / De Minimis Delegated Authority
To note the report of the Free Use 2022-23 (and equivalent cost) granted by the Town Clerk through Free Use / De Minimis delegated authority.