20 April 2021 – Agenda
SUMMONS TO ATTEND A MEETING OF THE POLICY & RESOURCES COMMITTEE
TO: All Members of the Policy & Resources Committee
Cllrs B Austin, D Bretherton, N Champken-Woods, D Dodds, M Dyer (Chairman), L Emery (Deputy Chairman), H Fickling, C Jones, and J Tipping
Ex Officio (Voting) Members – A Midwinter (Town Mayor) and P Cowell (Deputy Mayor)
To all other Members for information
VENUE: This meeting will be held virtually in accordance with The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020.
Meeting ID: 598 240 993
Password: Please contact the Town Council to obtain the meeting password, which will be issued around 2 hours before the meeting start time.
You must be on the electoral role to join this meeting. Exceptions will be made for representatives, agents, and authorities.
DATE: Tuesday 20 April 2021
TIME: 6.30 pm (maximum two hours)
Acting Town Clerk of the Council
Date: Wednesday 14 April 2021
1 Apologies for Absence
2 Declarations of Interest and Dispensations
To notify of any items that appear in the agenda in which there may be an interest that has not been recorded in the Member’s Register of Interest, and confirmation of any relevant dispensations.
3 Public Participation and Public Questions
To consider applications from members of the public to address the Committee (5 minutes maximum), in respect of any item of business included in the agenda. Applications to speak must have been received by the Town Clerk no later than 5pm on the last working day preceding the meeting.
To consider questions from members of the public (who live, work, or run a business in the Parish). Written questions must have been received by the Town Clerk no later than 4pm on the last working day preceding the meeting.
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 16 February 2021.
5 Financial Update
- Budget Summary: To monitor actual income and expenditure against estimates.
- Balance Sheet: To note balance sheet as of 28 February 2021.
- Fixed Term Deposit account: To approve additional signatories onto the account, to assist with administration.
6 Investment Update
To note the portfolio summary of the investment performance.
7 Investment Strategy
To review and approve the updated Investment Strategy.
8 Internal Audit
To receive the Interim Internal Audit Report 2020-21.
9 Council Policies
To approve the following updated/reviewed Council Policies:
- IT Policy
- Metal Detecting Policy
- Personal Protective Equipment Policy
- Pesticides Policy
- Town Twinning Policy
- Code of Corporate Governance
10 Business Continuity
To approve the updated Business Continuity Strategy and Business Continuity Action Plan.
11 Holding an Event on Town Council Land Policy
To approve the Holding an Event on Town Council Land Policy, which has been updated to formalise managing requests by exercise groups to use Southern Road Recreation Ground.
12 Fees and Charges
To approve the proposed Schedule of Charges for 2021-22 for the hire of the Meeting Room, the Upper Chamber and Southern Road Recreational Ground.
13 John Hampden School / Elms Park Lease Agreement
To review the annual lease arrangement with John Hampden School for use of Elms Park.
14 Speed Indicator Device
To approve the Speed Indicator Device Hire Agreement.
15 St Mary’s Church Burial Ground Extension
To approve the awarded S106 funding application terms and conditions.
16 Reports from Representatives on External Organisations
To receive reports from the nominated representatives on:
- Barns Centre (Cllrs Deacock and Dodds)
- Citizens Advice (Cllr Austin)
- Health Hub (including Community Hub Pilot) (Cllr Champken-Woods)
- NALC (Cllr Dyer)
- Red Kite Family Centre (Cllr Emery)
- Thame Business Forum (Cllr Dyer)
- Thame Senior Friendship Centre (Cllr Midwinter)
- Thame & District Housing Association (Cllr Emery)
- Thame Youth Memorial Trust (Cllr Tipping)
- Thame Youth Projects Group (Cllr Tipping)
- 21st Century Thame (Cllrs Fickling)
- Welfare Trust (Cllr Champken-Woods)
17 Thame Museum
To receive a verbal update.
18 War Memorial Panel – Additional Names
To receive a verbal update.
19 Thame Town Cricket Club
To note replacement signage will be installed at the entrance of Cricket Pavilion.
20 Thame History Fair
To note that the Free Use of Upper Chamber for the History Fair has been carried forward to Sunday 19 June 2022 due to the event being cancelled in 2020 and 2021 due to Covid-19.
To further note that the grant award for the History Fair will remain with the Museum as a restricted fund until June 2022.
21 Free Use / De Minimis Delegated Authority
To note that the Acting Town Clerk, through Free Use / De Minimis delegated authority, has granted the following:
- Free use of Town Hall in relation to Thame Town Music Festival – July 2021
- Free use of Town Hall in relation to Thame Youth Projects
22 Compliments and Complaints
To note the report.
23 For Information
- To note the CCTV biannual report – October 2020 – April 2021.
- To note from the 1 May 2021, the Cricket Field and Church Road will be included within the Public Spaces Protection Order.