03 August 2021 – Agenda
SUMMONS TO ATTEND A MEETING OF THE
POLICY & RESOURCES COMMITTEE
TO: All Members of the Policy & Resources Committee
Cllrs B Austin, D Bretherton (Deputy Chairman), A Dite, D Dodds, M Dyer (Chairman),
H Fickling, K Gregory, C Jones, A Midwinter and J Tipping
Ex Officio (Voting) Members – P Cowell (Town Mayor) and N Champken-Woods (Deputy Town Mayor)
To all other Members for information
VENUE: Upper Chamber, Thame Town Hall
DATE: Tuesday 3 August 2021
TIME: 6.30 pm (maximum two hours)
Acting Town Clerk of the Council
Date: Wednesday 28 July 2021
1 Apologies for Absence
2 Declarations of Interest and Dispensations
To notify of any items that appear in the agenda in which there may be an interest that has not been recorded in the Member’s Register of Interest, and confirmation of any relevant dispensations.
3 Public Participation and Public Questions
To consider applications from members of the public to address the Committee (5 minutes maximum), in respect of any item of business included in the agenda. Applications to speak must have been received by the Town Clerk no later than 5pm on the last working day preceding the meeting.
To consider questions from members of the public (who live, work, or run a business in the Parish). Written questions must have been received by the Town Clerk no later than 4pm on the last working day preceding the meeting.
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Committee Meetings held on 20 April 2021 and 18 May 2021.
5 Financial Update
- Budget Summary: To monitor actual income and expenditure against estimates.
- Balance Sheet: To note balance sheet as of 30 June 2021.
- To note that following the closure of the Barclay’s branch in Thame, all cash deposits are now made with the account at Lloyds.
6 Investment Update
To note the portfolio summary of the investment performance.
7 Council Policies
To approve the following updated/reviewed Council Policies:
- Financial Management
- Fixed Asset Depreciation
- Land Acquisition & Disposal
- Partnership Working – A Code of Practice
- Promotional Signs
- Social Media & Media Relations
- Structures on the Highway
- Holding an Event on Town Council Land
8 Disposal of Amenity Land at 28 Youens Drive
To consider a request from a resident to purchase amenity land at 28 Youens Drive.
9 Thame Museum
To receive a verbal update.
10 Reports from Representatives on External Organisations
To receive reports from the nominated representatives on:
- Barns Centre (Cllrs Deacock and Dodds)
- Citizens Advice (Cllr Austin)
- Health Hub (including Community Hub Pilot) (Cllr Champken-Woods)
- NALC (Cllr Dyer)
- Red Kite Family Centre (Cllr Emery)
- Thame Business Forum (Cllr Dyer)
- Thame Senior Friendship Centre (Cllr Midwinter)
- Thame & District Housing Association (Cllr Emery)
- Thame Youth Memorial Trust (Cllr Tipping)
- Thame Youth Projects Group (Cllr Tipping)
- 21st Century Thame (Cllr Fickling)
- Welfare Trust (Cllr Champken-Woods)
11 Thame Barns Centre
To receive the Annual Report and Accounts as presented to and approved at the Barns Centre AGM on 22 July 2021.
12 Health & Safety Visit
To note that the Health & Safety update visit by Ellis Whittam will take place on 3 August 2021 and the outcomes will be reported at the next committee meeting.
13 Staffing Matters
To note that a temporary employee was engaged from 2 – 9 July 2021 inclusive to provide cover in the Information Centre due to various staff leave.
To note that recruitment for the Town Clerk commenced on 9 July 2021. The closing date for applications is 9 August, with interviews scheduled for 12 and 13 August.
To note that the role of Community Support Administrator has been fulfilled internally for 6 months to help clear work backlog due to staff shortage. This is temporary role until a new staff structure has been finalised with the new Town Clerk.
To note that that following changes to national Covid-19 guidance from 19 July 2021, we are now working to our Covid Risk Assessment enabling those who are fully vaccinated to work in the office on a rota basis with a maximum of 5-7 staff at any one time. Those who cannot work in the office due to capacity limits, or those who have not received a second vaccination, continue to work from home.
14 Free Use / De Minimis Delegated Authority
To note that the Acting Town Clerk, through Free Use / De Minimis delegated authority, has granted the following:
- Free Use of Upper Chamber for Thame Youth Projects – 24/5/21 and 10/6/21.
- Free Use of Upper Chamber for Thames Valley Police to hold monthly drop-ins – starting 14/6/21.
- Free Use of Upper Chamber for Thame Charity Fair – 20/11/21.
15 For Information
a. To note various letters of thanks in relation to the 2021-22 Grant Awards.
b. To note Thame Green Living will be holding an Electric Vehicle event in the Upper High Street Car Park on Saturday 11 September 2021.
c. To note that the Thame Town Music Festival was cancelled again in 2021 due to Covid-19 restrictions. The organisers have advised that, as a result of the event being cancelled for the second year running, they have depleted their reserves built up over the past 3 festivals. The grant from the Town Council will remain with the organisers until the event can take place, currently scheduled for 9 July 2022