16 June 2020 – Agenda
SUMMONS TO ATTEND A VIRTUAL MEETING OF THAME TOWN COUNCIL
TO: All Members of Thame Town Council
VENUE: This meeting will be held virtually in accordance with The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020.
Meeting ID: 598 240 993
Password: Please contact the Town Council to obtain the meeting password, which will be issued up to 2 hours before the meeting start time.
You must be on the electoral role to join this meeting. Exceptions will be made for representatives, agents and authorities.
DATE: Tuesday 16 June 2020
TIME: 6.30 pm (maximum two hours)
Cllrs B Austin, D Bretherton, N Champken-Woods, P Cowell, M Deacock, A Dite,
D Dodds, M Dyer, L Emery, H Fickling, S Francis, K Gregory, C Jones, A Midwinter, J Tipping and T Wyse
Clerk of the Council
Date: Wednesday 10 June 2020
1 Apologies for Absence
2 Declarations of Interest and Dispensations
To notify of any items that appear in the agenda in which there may be an interest that has not been recorded in the Member’s Register of Interest; and confirmation of any relevant dispensations.
3 Civic Announcements
To receive the report of the Mayor and any such communications as the Mayor may wish to lay before the Council.
4 Public Participation and Public Questions
To consider applications from members of the public to address the Committee (5 minutes maximum), in respect of any item of business included in the agenda. Applications to speak must have been received by the Town Clerk no later than 5pm on the last working day preceding the meeting.
To consider questions from members of the public (who live, work or run a business in the Parish). Written questions must have been received by the Town Clerk no later than 4pm on the last working day preceding the meeting.
5 Report from County Councillor N Carter
To receive the report of County Councillor N Carter (10 minutes maximum).
6 Reports from South Oxfordshire District Councillors
To receive reports from Cllrs P Barker, D Bretherton and K Gregory (Maximum of 5 minutes each).
7 Members Questions (under Standing Order 11)
A Member may ask the Mayor any questions concerning the business of the Council.
To approve the Minutes of the Council Meeting held on 2 June 2020.
9 Planning Applications
To receive and note the recommendations from the Planning & Environment Committee for the following applications.
P20/S1580/FUL – CROFT COURT, CROFT ROAD
Alterations to three existing ground floor one bedroom flats to include new external access and additional off street parking, PV roof panels, and a render finish to the first floor.
P20/S1641/HH – 9 JOHN FULKES AVENUE
Proposed single storey rear extension.
P20/S1687/HH – 27 BROADWATERS AVENUE
Single storey rear extension.
P20/S1726/HH – 9 GARDEN CITY
Proposed house alterations including single storey rear extension, raised roof and two storey front extension.
P20/S1689/HH – 17 ARNOLD WAY
Strip out existing study & enlarge partial garage conversion to form new study including increase in size of side window.
P20/S1777/FUL – 2 GARDEN CITY
Demolition of existing bungalow and erection of two detached dwellings.
P20/S1682/T28 – FORMER DAIRY UNIT 4 LUPTON ROAD
Removal and replacement of two equipment cabinets and associated ancillary works thereto.
P20/S1873/HH – 18 WEAVER’S BRANCH
Loft conversion and internal alterations
10 Internal Audit
To receive the Internal Audit Reports 2019-20 – Second Interim & Final Update.
11 External Audit / Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) / End of Year Accounts 2019-20
- To approve Section 1, the Annual Governance Statement, on page 4 of the AGAR.
- To receive the Unaudited Financial Statements for the year ending 31 March 2020.
- To approve Section 2, the Accounting Statements, on page 5 of the AGAR.
12 Mayor of Thame Charity Trust
To receive the annual technical summary of the Mayor of Thame’s Charity Trust for the year 2019-20.
13 Reports from Representatives on External Organisations
i) Community Leisure & Recreation Committee
To receive reports from the nominated representatives on:
- Cuttle Brook Management Committee (Cllr Jones)
- Friends of Elms Park (Cllr Champken-Woods)
- Thame Carnival Committee (Cllr Emery)
- Thame Football Partnership (Cllr Dyer)
- Twinning Association (Cllr Francis)
- Thame Good Neighbour Scheme (Cllr Midwinter)
- Thame Town Cricket Club (Cllr Champken-Woods)
- Chinnor RFC (Cllr Bretherton)
- Music in the Park (Cllr Jones)
- Sinaia Friendship Association (Cllr Bretherton)
- Thame Museum Trust (Cllrs Cowell and Emery)
- Thame Town Music Festival (Cllr Wyse)
- Thame Shed (Cllr Wyse)
- Thame Sports Club (Cllr Jones)
ii) Policy & Resources Committee
To receive reports from the nominated representatives on:
- Barns Centre (Cllrs Deacock and Dodds)
- Citizens Advice (Cllr Austin)
- Health Hub (including Community Hub Pilot) (Cllr Champken-Woods)
- NALC (Cllr Dyer)
- Red Kite Family Centre (Cllr Emery)
- Thame Business Forum (Cllr Dyer)
- Thame Senior Friendship Centre (formerly known as Thame & District Day Centre) (Cllr Midwinter)
- Thame & District Housing Association (Cllr Emery)
- Thame Youth Memorial Trust (Cllr Tipping)
- Thame Youth Projects Group (Cllr Tipping)
- 21st Century Thame (Cllr Fickling and Francis)
- Welfare Trust (Cllr Champken-Woods)
14 Website Accessibility Audit
To consider an Accessibility Audit on the Town Council’s website.
15 Exclusion of the Press and Public
To move: That under Section 1, Paragraph 2 of The Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business because publicity would be prejudicial to the public interest by reason of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.
16 Appeal Challenge
To receive an update on the appeal challenge at the former Daf Trucks Ltd site.