Where does your money go?

Your council tax helps to pay for a vast range of public services provided across Oxfordshire.

To find out more about the services provided by each organisation please click on the links below. The total money you pay each year is divided up and distributed as follows:

Oxfordshire County Council (Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue, schools, social services, libraries, the NHS, road repairs and more) – 78%.

Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner (policing in the Thames Valley area) – 11%.

South Oxfordshire District Council (bin collections, leisure facilities, planning, environmental health, community grants, licensing and more) – 6%. Your local town or parish council (town centres, local events, allotments and more) – 5%

Please click on the link for Thame Town Council’s precept leaflet.