Stay Warm This Winter in Thame
Find a Warm Space in Thame this winter
For those of you who are struggling to stay warm at home this winter, the following places are designated ‘Warm Spaces’ in Thame where everyone is welcome:
- Christchurch – Tuesdays 10.00am – 12.00pm and after Sunday service
- Grace Church at the Guide HQ – 11.45am after Sunday service (no charge for hot drinks)
- Library – open to all during opening hours (Mon, Tues, Fri 9.30am – 5.30pm, Thurs 9.00am- 7.00pm, Sat 9.30am – 4.30pm, closed Weds and Sun)
- Masonic Hall – Tuesday mornings (25p for hot drinks). From next Thursday, 8 December the Masonic Hall will also be open on Thursday mornings (no charge for hot drinks which will be kindly sponsored by Hampden and St Mary’s Masonic Lodges) and will be run by Thame Good Neighbour Scheme volunteers.
- St Joseph’s Catholic Church – the church is open most days
- St Mary’s Church – the church is open most days
Cosy Thame needs your old curtains!
Do you have old curtains you no longer need? Cosy Thame can help redistribute them to people in need this winter. They’ve set up a curtain register that organisations like Citizens’ Advice and the Red Kite Family Centre can use to help people needing to improve the thermal efficiency of their homes on a budget.
Just add the details of your curtains to this form and if they find someone who needs them they’ll be in contact with you.
Date posted: Thursday 1 December 2022