30 January 2018 – Agenda

SUMMONS TO ATTEND A MEETING OF
NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN CONTINUITY COMMITTEE

TO: All Members of the Neighbourhood Plan Continuity Committee

Cllrs B Austin (Chairman), D Bretherton (Deputy Chairman), P Cowell, D Dodds, M Dyer, H Fickling, P Lambert, A Midwinter and M Stiles

Ex Officio (Voting) Members – T Wyse (Town Mayor) and L Emery (Deputy Mayor)

To:             All other Members for information

VENUE:  Upper Chamber, Thame Town Hall

DATE:     Tuesday 30 January 2018

TIME:      On the rising of the Planning & Environment Committee and not before 7.15pm

 

Graham Hunt
Clerk of the Council

Date: 24 January 2018

 

A G E N D A

1. Apologies for Absence

2. Declarations of Interest and Dispensations

To notify of any items that appear in the agenda in which there may be an interest that has not been recorded in the Member’s Register of Interest; and confirmation of any relevant dispensations.

3. Public Participation and Public Questions

To consider applications from members of the public to address the Committee (5 minutes maximum), in respect of any item of business included in the agenda. Applications to speak must have been received by the Town Clerk no later than 5pm on the last working day preceding the meeting.

To consider questions from members of the public (who live, work or run a business in the Parish). Written questions must have been received by the Town Clerk no later than 4pm on the last working day preceding the meeting.

4. Minutes

To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 19 December 2017.

Minutes

5. Working Groups

To receive a report / update from the chairmen of:
a) The NPCC Co-Ordination Working Group
b) The Infrastructure Delivery Plan Working Group
c) The Green Living Plan Working Group
d) The Town Centre Working Group

5d Market Town Co-Ordinator Update – 30-01-18

5d. Appendix 1 TCWG ToR – 30.01.8

e) Transport Plan Working Group
f) The Community Facilities Working Group
g) The Burial Space Working Group

6. Thame Neighbourhood Plan Revision

To note that it was agreed at the Council meeting on 16 January 2018 to launch the revision of the Neighbourhood Plan at the Annual Town Meeting on Tuesday 27 March 2018. Detailed plans for the evening and advance publicity will be progressed in due course.

7. South Oxfordshire District Local Plan

To note that the Town Council has yet to hear that the District Council has submitted the Pre-Submission Local Plan. It is believed from comments made by Council Leader John Cotton that the response to the most recent consultation has been prepared but that submission has been delayed because of uncertainty over the Chalgrove allocation site. It has been reported separately that Homes England (the former Homes and Communities Agency) are prepared to use compulsory purchase powers in order to force Martin Baker to move from the Chalgrove airfield site, where they currently benefit from a long lease. The reasons for this are a little unclear, Chalgrove having been transferred to the Homes and Communities Agency on 6 September 2016.

8. P17/S1069/FUL – The Elms 32 Upper High Street, Thame, OX9 2DN

To note that work has started on pavement and road alterations in Elms Road. There are now 9 conditions being sought for discharge under the approved application for 37 dwellings but the revised, Extra Care housing scheme has been neither decided, nor withdrawn.

9. P16/S3525/FUL – Thames Valley Police, Greyhound Lane

To note that the Neighbourhood Plan Continuity Officer has submitted a formal response (as attached) to the appeal. The District Council notified the Town Council of a change of venue for the appeal hearing, to Tetsworth Memorial Hall on 13-14 March 2018. The District have informed the Town Council that, following advice from the District’s Barrister, the District will not be contesting the issue of parking during the appeal. The District have advised us that “Interested Parties” will still be able to raise parking. The NPCO can confirm that the Town Council is registered as an interested party.

9. Thame Town Council representation to appeal ref 3173982

10. Health Hub / Hallam Land

To note that Hallam Land have reported that various further meetings have been held with a variety of interested partners and it has been agreed that Montpelier will now prepare a draft layout and design of the proposed Health Hub. Current timings suggest further discussion with the Town Council towards the end of February.

11. Affordable Housing / Community Land Trust

To receive an update following the meeting of the working party held on 24 January 2018 and approval of the immediate next steps as outlined in the Interim Report to Full Council on 16 January 2018.

12. Rycote Lane Planning Applications

To note that following the planning applications submitted in Rycote Lane for the Cattle Market and an industrial estate and reported at Full Council on 16 January 2018 the Town Clerk has been in further communication with Great Haseley Parish Council over the issue of ensuring plan-led growth of Thame’s employment areas. This is likely to require in part or whole, a neighbourhood plan-led solution.

The responses to the two planning applications as submitted are attached.

12. Letter SODC P17S4415FUL – Land Off Rycote Lane, Christmas Hill

12. Letter SODC P17S4441O – Land North of Rycote Lane

13. Site Allocation Discussions

Following the lifting of the moratorium to note that:

a) A further request has been received from Angle Property to discuss the future of the Kingsmead Business Park.

14. The Three-Year Housing Land Supply

To note that the recent Judicial Review following a legal challenge by 25 developers, strategic land holders and builders against the Written Ministerial Statement of 12 December 2016 has been unsuccessful on all grounds sought.

15. Neighbourhood Plan Support

Given Thame’s reputation for Neighbourhood Planning, and it’s ever increasing experience in life beyond the adoption of a Neighbourhood Plan, to note that:

a) The NPCO has provided input to a Newcastle University Research Project on the importance of Quality of Place in Neighbourhood Planning.

b) A further invitation has been received to present to Masters of Planning students at Oxford Brookes University on 6 March 2018

c) The briefing to University of Gloucestershire students is now scheduled for 21 March 2018.

d) A request to use spare capacity of the NPCO from an adjacent town has been declined, as there is no spare capacity at present.

16. Neighbourhood Plan Monitoring and Delivery Report

To note that some progress has been made on the Neighbourhood Plan Monitoring and Delivery Report which as last year will be progressed to completion via e-mail circulation.