13 March 2018 – Agenda

SUMMONS TO ATTEND A MEETING OF
NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN CONTINUITY COMMITTEE

TO: All Members of the Neighbourhood Plan Continuity Committee

Cllrs B Austin (Chairman), D Bretherton (Deputy Chairman), P Cowell, D Dodds, M Dyer, H Fickling, P Lambert, A Midwinter and M Stiles

Ex Officio (Voting) Members – T Wyse (Town Mayor) and L Emery (Deputy Mayor)

To:  All other Members for information

 

VENUE:  Upper Chamber, Thame Town Hall

DATE:     Tuesday 13 March 2018

TIME:      On the rising of the Planning & Environment Committee and not before 7pm

 

Graham Hunt
Clerk of the Council

Date: 7 March 2018

 

A G E N D A

1. Apologies for Absence

2. Declarations of Interest and Dispensations

To notify of any items that appear in the agenda in which there may be an interest that has not been recorded in the Member’s Register of Interest; and confirmation of any relevant dispensations.

3. Public Participation and Public Questions

To consider applications from members of the public to address the Committee (5 minutes maximum), in respect of any item of business included in the agenda. Applications to speak must have been received by the Town Clerk no later than 5pm on the last working day preceding the meeting.

To consider questions from members of the public (who live, work or run a business in the Parish). Written questions must have been received by the Town Clerk no later than 4pm on the last working day preceding the meeting.

4. Thame Swimming Club

To receive a presentation from Mr Phil Evans, Chairman of Thame Swimming Club.

5. Minutes

To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 30 January 2018.

Minutes

6. Working Groups

To receive a report / update from the chairmen of:

a) The NPCC Co-Ordination Working Group
b) The Infrastructure Delivery Plan Working Group
c) The Green Living Plan Working Group
d) The Town Centre Working Group
6d. Market Town Co-Ordinator Update

e) Transport Plan Working Group
f) The Community Facilities Working Group
g) The Burial Space Working Group

7. Thame Neighbourhood Plan Revision

To note that plans to kick-off the revision of the Neighbourhood Plan at the Annual Town Meeting on Tuesday 27 March 2018 are progressing. Presentation content had been drafted; precise workshop format had been proposed; facilitator notes are being drafted and facilitator volunteers sought; a Press Release has been issued; a publicity plan has been discussed; initial Town Council publicity has been executed via meeting minutes / newsletter / twitter.

The NPCO will be meeting with representatives from the Moreton Residents Association in order to identify the needs and concerns of the wider village.

Oxford Brookes University have been positive about an initial idea of offering a placement / part-time internship to a post-graduate student to assist with the rewrite of the Neighbourhood Plan.

8. South Oxfordshire District Local Plan

To note that various further updates have been received from South Oxfordshire District Council on next steps for the SODC Local Plan, all shared with Councillors. A decision point was due at a Council Cabinet meeting of SODC on 20 March 2018. A verbal report on the choices being reviewed by District’s Cabinet will be given by the NPCO.

9. P17/S1069/FUL & P17/S1670/LB – The Elms, 32 Upper High Street

To note that South Oxfordshire District Council have refused planning permission for planning applications P17/S1069/FUL and P17/S1670/LB for the erection of an Extra Care housing development (Use Class C2). The Town Council had recommended refusal on both the applications when they were discussed at the Council meetings on 9 May 2017 and 20 June 2017 respectively.

10. Affordable Housing / Community Land Trust

To receive an update following the first meeting of volunteers held on 1 March 2018.

11. Site Allocation Discussions

Following the lifting of the moratorium to note that:

a) A meeting with Stofords to discuss options on the Cotmore Wells / Howland Road site took place on 27 February 2018.

b) A meeting with Angle Property regarding the Kingsmead Business Park took take place on 5 March 2018.

c) A meeting with Hunter Page regarding development at Moreton is scheduled to take place on 19 March 2018.

12. Neighbourhood Plan Support

Given Thame’s reputation for Neighbourhood Planning, and it’s ever increasing experience in life beyond the adoption of a Neighbourhood Plan, to note that:

a) The presentation to Masters of Planning students at Oxford Brookes University on 6 March 2018 was well received – and had given the opportunity for a fundamental review of the Smörgåsbord.

12a. Smorgasbord

b) Cllr Dyer made time for an interview to assist a Brookes University undergraduate on their dissertation.

c) Advice on post adoption work / process was provided to Watlington.

13. Other Items to Note

a) A meeting with representatives of Lord Williams’s took place on 8 February to review the latest progress towards a single site.

b) South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils have adopted the new Joint Housing Delivery Strategy, following a consultation which we put considerable effort into. Unfortunately our (and presumably everyone else’s) comments were ignored, as it appears that the outcome of the consultation was simply to remove the word Draft from the document and consolidate a hyperlink.

c) Further correspondence has been received on the Oxford-Cambridge Expressway – from CPRE and our Oxfordshire County Councillor. The Town Council’s position remains as “Wait and See”.

d) We are aware of continued discussions on the Health Hub between Hallam Land representatives and the Thame surgeries.

e) Impacts of the Oxfordshire Housing and Growth Deal are being monitored by the Neighbourhood Plan Continuity Officer.

f) The central Government consultation on revisions to the National Planning Policy Framework was launched on 5 March 2018. The Neighbourhood Plan Continuity Officer is reviewing the detail to establish the implications on our Neighbourhood Planning and establish relevant next steps.

g) The Appeal by Churchill Retirement Living Ltd on the Thames Valley Police site that was due to commence on 13 March 2018 has been postponed by the Planning Inspectorate. Reasons are defined in the attached letter.

13g. Letter from Inspectorate – 28 Feb 2018

13g. Letter – Appeal postponement