24 June 2014 – Minutes
THAME TOWN COUNCIL
Minutes of the Meeting of Thame Town Council held on 24 June 2014 at 6.30pm in the Upper Chamber, Thame Town Hall
Cllr D Bretherton, A Dite, N Dixon (Deputy Mayor), D Dodds, M Dyer, L Emery,
H Fickling, V Humphries, P Lambert, D Laver, J Matelot Green (Town Mayor),
M Stiles and M Welply.
H Stewart, Town Clerk
A Oughton, Committee Services Officer
1 Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs Butler (Personal) and Champken-Woods (Holiday).
2 Declarations of Interest
Cllr Dodds declared an interest in Item 7 in that he was related to the owner of the land and left the meeting after item 6.
3 Public Participation
There were no applications to address the Council.
The minutes of the Council meetings held on 13 May 2014 and 10 June 2014 were approved as a correct record and signed by the Mayor.
The minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 13 May 2014 were approved as a correct record and signed by the Mayor.
5 Internal Auditor’s Report
There were no matters for concern and the report confirmed that the Council operated a good system of internal control.
i) The Internal Auditor’s Report for 2013-2014 be duly received.
6 External Audit – Annual Statement
Members received the financial statement (un-audited) for the year ended 31 March 2014 and the Annual Return for 2013-2014.
Having reviewed the figures in Section 1 of the Annual Return and agreed the responses to the internal control objectives in Section 4 the form was duly completed.
i) The financial statements (unaudited) ending 31 March 2014 be approved.
ii) The Annual Return for the year ending 31 March 2014 be signed and submitted for audit.
7 P14/S1619/O – Land East of Thame Park Road
Councillors received a report from Mr Collinge, Planning Consultant to the Town Council. Following discussion it was agreed that a recommendation of refusal be sent to the District Council detailing the following reasons for the recommendation:
An objection be raised to the detail contained in Element A of the application in respect of the following:
- The proposed housing mix would fail to provide an appropriate mix of units, especially in respect of the private units and did not demonstrably follow a Thame-specific study, contrary to the requirements of the Thame Neighbourhood Plan.
- The layout, form and design of the proposed scheme failed to create a development that reinforced the locally distinctive layout and design qualities of Thame.
- The affordable housing mix should be ‘peppered’ across the whole site.
In addition, the following required further examination and consideration and gave rise to a holding objection until such matters were resolved:
- The routes to be provided through the controlled publicly accessible open space to the south of Element B.
- Further interpretative material to demonstrate how building form, design, layout and enclosure on Element B would reinforce the distinctive design qualities of Thame.
- Pedestrian and cycleway improvements to Dormer Road/Chinnor Road.
- Biodiversity improvements along the fully accessible open space adjacent to Cuttle Brook.
- The provision of burial space on Site C.
- Information in respect of ground conditions on Element B that ensured strip foundations were suitable and that development was thus acceptable in terms of the relationship with regard to the pipeline that ran through the site.
i) The planning application P14/S1619/O – Land East of Thame Park Road be refused.
Cllr Laver entered the meeting during this item.
The meeting concluded at 7.10pm
Chairman, 22 July 2014