20 September 2016 – Agenda
SUMMONS TO ATTEND A
MEETING OF THAME TOWN COUNCIL
TO: All Members of Thame Town Council
VENUE: Upper Chamber, Thame Town Hall
DATE: Tuesday 20 September 2016
TIME: 6.30pm (maximum one hour)
Cllrs B Austin, D Bretherton, D Butler, N Champken-Woods, P Cowell,
M Deacock, N Dixon, D Dodds, M Dyer, L Emery, H Fickling, C Jones,
P Lambert, A Midwinter, M Stiles and T Wyse
Clerk of the Council
Date: 14 September 2016
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Declarations of Interest and Dispensations
To notify of any items that appear in the agenda in which there may be an interest that has not been recorded in the Member’s Register of Interest; and confirmation of any relevant dispensations.
3. Public Participation and Public Questions
To consider applications from members of the public to address the Committee (5 minutes maximum), in respect of any item of business included in the agenda. Applications to speak must have been received by the Town Clerk no later than 5pm on the last working day preceding the meeting.
To consider questions from members of the public (who live, work or run a business in the Parish). Written questions must have been received by the Town Clerk no later than 4pm on the last working day preceding the meeting.
To approve as a correct record the Minutes of the Council Meeting held on 16 August 2016.
5. P16/S2407/FUL – The Elms, 32 Upper High Street
The erection of an Extra Care housing development (Use Class C2) comprising apartments, houses and a communal residents’ centre with basement parking and storage areas and creation of new public open space, provision of new vehicle access from Elms Road and a new pedestrian / cycle link onto Upper High Street with associated infrastructure works and landscaping.
To receive a report on the application and make a recommendation to South Oxfordshire District Council.
6. Rycote Meadow
To note that the Council has declined an approach from a developer to buy Rycote Meadow for the following reasons:
* the land is within a flood zone and does in fact regularly flood
* the land was transferred to the Town Council for community use
* the land is identified for improvements as part of developer funding from Site F which will enable the land to be fully accessible to the public with footpaths linking the new housing development
* any development would be against polices ESDQ1 and ESDQ9 of the Thame Neighbourhood Plan, which specifically protect this open space and provide for riverside walks
* the evidence base for the Thame Neighbourhood Plan identified a shortfall of Public Open Space within Thame
* the land itself is subject to significant easements relating to water and gas mains.
7. P16/S2874/FUL – Land South of Wenman Road
Site C2 – Bellway Homes. A planning application was received on 22 August 2016 for “Removal of conditions 4 – Secured By Design and 22 – Code For Sustainable Homes on planning application P14/S1619/O.”
To note that as a response was required by 15 September 2016, the Town Clerk authorised the attached response to be submitted, as drafted by the Neighbourhood Plan Continuity Officer.
8. Skate Park
If the report can be written in time, to consider underwriting the funding for an outreach project to help educate and inform users of the Skate Park.