Household waste recycling centre closures
People planning to use Oxfordshire’s household waste recycling centres are being warned about a series of short closures to enable essential work to be carried out.
For safety reasons, Oxfordshire County Council will be shutting each of its centres for two days (although never at the same time) to allow for deep cleaning and essential maintenance to take place. This includes jet washing the sites and structures, repainting lines and safety areas, as well as other general work to improve the customer experience.
The closing dates are:
- Alkerton, near Banbury: Monday 20 and Tuesday 21 March
- Ardley, near Bicester: Thursday 23 and Friday 24 March
- Dix Pit, Stanton Harcourt: Monday 24 and Tuesday 25 April
- Drayton, near Abingdon: Thursday 30 and Friday 31 March
- Oakley Wood, near Wallingford: Thursday 20 and Friday 21 April
- Redbridge, Oxford: Monday 17 and Tuesday 18 April
- Stanford, near Faringdon: Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 March.
All closures are on quieter weekdays to minimise disruption and sites will reopen at 8.00am the following day. Residents are asked to plan ahead, ideally holding on to their waste until the site reopens or, if that is not possible, visiting one of the neighbouring sites.