Have you got what it takes?
Love Thame & Moreton?
Looking for a way to help shape our community and wonderful town?
Why not apply to be a Town Councillor?
This year all 16 positions at Thame Town Council will be up for election, which means you can apply to be a Town Councillor!
Applications are open from Monday 20 March to Tuesday 4 April.
There are only a few rules to stand for election. You must be:
- British or a citizen of the Commonwealth or European Union
- At least 18 years old
- Registered to vote in the area or have lived, worked, or owned property there for at least 12 months before an election.
But what does the role involve?
We’ve created a webpage that contains some useful information: https://www.thametowncouncil.gov.uk/become-a-town-councillor, including:
- What does a Councillor do?
- How much time per week?
- Who can be Town Councillor?
- Nomination Forms – these must be completed & returned to SODC offices between 20 March 2023 and 4 April 2023 (10.00am-4.00pm, Monday-Saturday).
- Sample completed nomination forms.
- Guidance on Applying
- Information Sessions and Advice on becoming a Councillor.
- Useful information and websites
Help us to make Thame the best it can be!