GO Active Gold to benefit many more communities in 2017
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils are bringing GO Active Gold activities to many more rural communities in 2017 following overwhelming success this year.
GO Active Gold provides physical activities in rural areas to help those aged 60 and over to be more active. In 2016 more than 1,000 residents from 20 different communities took part in over 70 GO Active Gold activities.
26 new villages, including Tiddington and Stadhampton, are already signed up to host activities next year meaning that Go Active Gold will benefit many more people across the two districts. The full list can be found on South Oxfordshire’s website.
People can find out what GO Active Gold could offer their rural community by coming along to a free taster session, including a presentation from GO Active Gold staff, two taster activities, a functional fitness MOT and refreshments.
The free taster sessions run on:
· Wednesday 18 January – East Hagbourne Pavilion – 9.30am to 12.30pm
· Thursday 19 January – Stanford in the Vale Village Hall – 10am to 12.30pm
· Monday 23 January – Abbey Sports Centre – 9.30am to 12.30pm
· Wednesday 25 January – Harwell Village Hall – 12.30pm to 3.30pm
· Thursday 26 January – Wootton Community Centre – 12.30pm to 3pm
· Monday 30 January – Bix and Assendon, at Bix Manor – 10am to 12pm
· Wednesday 1 February – Horspath Village Hall – 9.30am to 12.30pm
· Thursday 2 February – Rotherfield Peppard Sports Pavilion –10am to 12pm
To sign up for a taster session, or for more information, please call 01235 422219 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cllr Charlotte Dickson, Cabinet Member for Leisure at Vale of White Horse District Council, said: “This is great news for many people across our rural communities. GO Active Gold has been a fantastic success so far and in 2017 will reach even more people, providing local activities for everyone over 60.”
Cllr Anna Badcock, Cabinet Member for Leisure at South Oxfordshire District Council, said: “GO Active Gold activities have benefited so many people this year, helping them to get more active, make new friends and feel a greater part of their community. To find out what’s on offer for 2017 in your area make sure you sign up for one of our taster sessions.”