The Making of Midsomer: Thame’s Role in 25 Years of Midsomer Murders
Date and time: 25/06/2022 - 30/09/2022, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Please note that Thame Museum is only open Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays 10am-4pm
An Exhibition at Thame Museum
Thame Museum, 79 High Street, Thame 0X9 3AE
Midsomer Murders, the popular ITV series, celebrates 25 years in 2022. Thame is one of the most filmed locations in the fictional Midsomer County. This exhibition will feature many of the 23 Thame venues used as filming locations in the series, as well as some of the locations in nearby villages.
Visitors to the exhibition will learn about –
- The history of Midsomer Murders and how it began in 1997
- The books on which it is based
- The main actors who have appeared in 128 episodes to date
- Some of the bizarre ways in which people have been murdered and the weapons used
- The Midsomer Tours of Thame and the guides who conduct them
There will also be –
- Displays of images depicting different scenes used in the series
- A talk about Midsomer Murders and Thame’s role in it
- Merchandise including signed copies of a book about Midsomer
- Opportunities to play the theremin, used in the Midsomer theme tune
- Extra Midsomer tours on Saturdays during the exhibition
An unmissable exhibition for all Midsomer fans!
We are grateful for the generous support of Bentley Productions in putting on this exhibition
GROUP BOOKINGS OF 20+
If you would like to attend as a larger group then please pre-book by emailing the museum on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.