Thame Aid Stall
Date and time: 15/05/2021, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
Location: Thame Town Hall
We will have a stall outside Thame Town Hall, where you will be able to find out more and to complete a postcard to John Howell MP. We won’t be selling anything or asking for donations. We simply want to collect as many postcards as possible for delivery to our MP, as evidence that Thame’s general public do care that the UK government is cutting overseas aid at this time of global humanitarian crisis.
Come and join us on Saturday 15 May 2021, 9.30am until 2.30pm, outside Thame Town Hall
* The government wants to cut UK aid from the promised 0.7% to 0.5% (more than £4 billion) because of the economic impact of covid.
It’s a small saving for us (1% of what we’re borrowing this year) but could have a huge impact on the world’s poorest people.
We’re experiencing the worst humanitarian crisis in a generation alongside the global climate crisis and people need our help more than ever – especially the 115 million men, women and children sliding into extreme poverty and hunger; 700 million are already there and many will starve and die without help.
* A group of people in Thame are so concerned about this that we have decided to act.
> Who are we?
• Local people concerned about vulnerable people overseas.
> What we are doing
• Providing a stall to gather messages for our MP;
• Preparing to show local support for UK aid and development to John Howell MP
> What can you do?
• Turn up and find out more;
• Complete a postcard with your comments for John Howell MP