Second Lockdown Information for Thame
The second national lockdown in response to Covid-19 starts on Thursday 5 November 2020 and will be in force until at least Wednesday 2 December 2020.
Town Hall closure
In line with government guidelines, the Town Hall will be closed from 1.00pm on Wednesday 4 November. Thame Town Council office staff will once again be working from home during the second national lockdown which is in place until 2 December. The phone will be answered during normal office hours (01844 212833) should you need to contact us. The maintenance team and car park attendants will continue to work outdoors.
Skate Park, MUGA and Thame Market
Please note that during the current lockdown the Town Council has had to close the skate park and MUGA (multi use games area) in Elms Park, however stalls selling food, essential goods, pet food and plants are allowed to continue trading at the Tuesday market.
Remembrance Sunday 2020
Due to the second national lockdown there will be no Remembrance Service on 8 November. Organisations and individuals have been encouraged to pay their respects and lay their wreaths in the memorial gardens whilst out for their daily exercise to avoid a gathering on Sunday. Residents are being asked to take part in a two minute doorstep silence at 11.00am.
The volunteers who have been selling poppies outside the Town Hall and at the Tuesday market have reported that they have collected in excess of £8000 thanks to your generosity. Unfortunately due to the lockdown, face to face fundraising or collecting is not permitted after the evening of Wednesday 4 November.
The Town Council would like to thank all the volunteers who have braved the weather in the past few days to stand outside the Town Hall and on the market, and for all of you who have donated so generously.
View Thame’s Service of Remembrance video below, which was filmed on 4 November 2020, before the second national lockdown.
Thame Blue Hearts here to help
If you, or anyone you know needs help during this second lockdown, please call the Blue Hearts team on 0330 022 1441.
Arrangements for the Foodbank and Community Larder from Sharing Life
If you are unable to buy enough basic food for your household, because you don’t have the cash or because you are unable to go out, then Sharing Life Trust may be able to help. We don’t want anyone to go hungry.
If you need help, please phone Sharing Life Trust on 0300 201 0212 or 07541 299010. Our priorities:
- To keep the Foodbank fully operational and the Community Larder open and available to members.
- To ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to minimise the risk of infection for everyone involved.
- To comply with relevant government guidelines and laws.
- The Community Larder will still run from Christchurch during the lockdown.
- Our volunteers will be preparing Larder items in advance so that members will just need to come to the welcome area on the ground floor and collect them at a specified time.
- Members will still be able to make some choices. We will send the weekly stock list about 24 hours beforehand. Members can look through that and ask for certain items to be included (or not) when they come to pick up their supplies.
- To minimise the risk of infection we will only be allowing two members into the building at a time.
If you do not feel safe coming out into the town during the lockdown then please let Sharing Life Trust know and they will arrange to deliver your Larder supplies to you.
If you have been in contact with someone infected with Covid-19 or are feeling unwell yourself, please do not come to the Larder. If you arrange for someone to come for you, please let us know who to expect. Alternatively, a volunteer can deliver supplies to you.
Thame Museum ‘Keep on Crawling’
Unfortunately due to lockdown this exhibition is not available to view in person. However follow Thame Museum Facebook page and you will be able to see photos of the artwork on display and even purchase it through a ‘click & collect’ service.
Date posted: Thursday 5 November 2020